Saturday, March 2, 2019

I'M ALWAYS HAPPY WHEN IT RAINS!!

We don't receive that much rain here in Southern California.  About 16 inches is the annual average.  This year is off to a big start, and what is usually a wonderful situation for a gardener, and for California as a whole, is sadly a tough time in the recent burn areas.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all who are affected by the fires, and to the heroic men and woman who gave of their time to fight the fires this past season.

With rain in the overnight forecast I made sure I was set up to harvest as much rain water as possible.  I couldn't wait for dawn to check my progress.

Ready for round 2

Spreading the wealth

I managed to empty the buckets before the 2nd round started.  I should be able to empty the barrels again before I head out for the day.  

DID YOU KNOW??  Soil does an amazing job of capturing and storing water.  Especially if your soil contains a lot of organic material (compost anyone??).  Find ways to keep this precious natural resource on your property.

Be well and happy gardening!







 By early morning I was syphoning of water into the waiting 5 gallon buckets

No comments:

Post a Comment