Tuesday, March 5, 2019

CLOSING IN ON THE CHALLENGE FINISH LINE

Day 5 of the challenge and I spent the day at home, preparing for the 4 days of rain that will be starting this evening.  Working and eating at home kept my trash load to a minimum, and the food from my home garden is key to it all.

The daily beer cans show a pattern


This is my actual landfill waste, although
the foam cup and lid will probably
be washed and reused out of a sense
of environmental duty

With 2 days to go until I weigh my household waste, I'm feeling pretty good.  Other than the TV, my waste is fairly minimal.  Knowing that I'm weighing it all has helped me to make a few better (less wasteful) choices.  The bag in the photo above was popping corn (expired 2 years ago), and I chose it over the microwave package in the pantry (plastic wrapper and bag) that I would have to deal with if I chose that route.  The popcorn might have been a bit "weevely", which is why I am not reusing the bag.  My mom always said a few weevels never hurt anyone, but this might be going to far.  

Be well, be sustainable and happy gardening!!




No comments:

Post a Comment