Thursday, January 20, 2011

Free organic herbicide kills tough weeds

Anyone who knows me knows I hate to waste ANYTHING.  It goes against everything inside me to throw something out when it could be reused one more time.  Take the case of cleaning my coffee maker.  Once a month or so I clean it out with a mixture of half vinegar and half water. 

After running the coffee maker through the cycle I carefully pour the hot vinegar and water mixture on the cracks in our driveway where weeds the are growing.  I run the coffee maker through a few more cycles with plain water, pouring the hot water on more of the cracks.
While the vinegar and water mixture works best, even plain hot water will kill weeds without the use of chemicals that may cause harm to your familly and pets.

This follow up picture was taken on 01/25/2011 to show the dead weeds in the cracks of my driveway. 

This would be a good time to go out with a sharp tool to scrape away the dead weeds, but I usually just leave it there in favor of other garden projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment